Friday, June 14, 2013

Bits and Pieces - Elements



Step by step I feel it creep inside my skin, shred my bones to ash as the righteous hammer of destiny. 

Hard, frozen, blown and burning, all at the same time consuming the pieces that try to hang on to my lost soul, the pieces that keep me trapped in a cruel vicious loop of fear and defeat.

I kneel with my knees buried in the soft earth. It holds me down and caresses me, soothes the scarred knees of the wounds inflicted by lost passions, dreams and desires.

The rain comes and carries away the stains of blood lingering in my emaciated skin, washes away all the disease and putrid remains of your lies and misdirections given to me in the maze that was my love for the idea of you.

I feel it now… I am so close now. I feel it brush my skin and drag my hair in its steady blow, so fresh and perfumed by the scents of a new world out there. The mix of sea breeze with green grass fields  and wet dirt. The perfume of freedom so close now, that it is almost palpable.

I see it now as it starts to consume me… I see them spread as they are lit by the warm flames… I smell burning pine and cinnamon, red is all I see now. 

The shell is falling, my limbs so light and gracious once again. 
I hear violins and the song they sing for me. A song of earth, water, wind and fire, my requiem…

I am reborn, I am free, my light burns brighter and warmer now as I spread my wings and fly into infinity with a wicked smile on my lips and bright eyes full of wonder for the things I had once forgot.



No comments:

Post a Comment